2022 Special Olympics USA Games Volunteers
June 03-12, 2022
BE A PART OF HISTORY:
The 2022 Special Olympics USA Games to be held in Orlando, FL June 5-12, 2022, will be the largest USA Games in history and the largest humanitarian event in the State of Florida’s history.
Volunteers make the Games possible furthering the mission of opportunity for all. Volunteers play a critical role in providing an outstanding experience for the athletes, families, and spectators. We appreciate you giving your time, talent and commitment to making these the best Games ever!
- Have your own email address & mobile phone number for registration. No shared email/phone #s.
- Individual volunteers sign up for a minimum of three (3) shifts.
- Group volunteers sign up for a minimum of two (2) shifts.
- Please show up if you sign up. The athletes and your fellow volunteers are counting on you!
- Follow all health, safety, venue operating guidelines and Volunteer Code of Conduct.
- Complete the required online training and orientation before receiving your credential, Games-issued items, and volunteering.
- Add volunteers@2022USAGames.org to your email contacts to ensure you receive Games updates and scheduling information.
- ADULT volunteers:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age during registration.
- Download, carefully read, sign, and upload the required ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex Adult Volunteer Waiver . If you try and find you need assistance, you have the option to email the waiver (all pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- During registration, Volunteers will initial to accept the USA Games Adult Volunteer waiver.
- MINOR volunteers:
- Are a minimum of 16 years of age by June 5, 2022.
- 16-17 years old must have a parent or legal guardian complete the Minor Registration.
- Have a parent or legal guardian of the minor or ward download, carefully read, sign, and upload required ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex Minor Volunteer Waiver
- Have a parent or legal guardian of the minor or ward, download, carefully read, sign, and upload OR email the required USA Games Minor Volunteer Waiver
- NOTE: The Parent or Legal Guardian must upload both Minor waivers to the Minor's account. If you need assistance, you have the option to email both waivers as two attachments (all pages) to email@example.com and request to have both waivers uploaded to your minor child or ward's account.
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION & SHIFT SELECTION:
- Any individual, company or nonprofit interested in organizing a volunteer group will be able to submit an application for review/approval in the Fall 2021.
- Must have a minimum of 20 people, each of whom will volunteer a minimum of two (2) shifts.
- If these criteria cannot be met, people can still volunteer as an individual.
WHAT VENUES WILL HOST THE COMPETITIONS & EVENTS?
2022 USA Games competition and special events will be held at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, various Disney Resorts and select competition venues in Orlando, Orange County and Osceola County.
WILL TRANSPORTATION BE INCLUDED?
- Transportation to & from Central Florida, venues, airports and Opening Ceremony is the responsibility of the volunteer.
- Disney may offer very limited transportation to & from select Disney Resorts and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and Disney's Typhoon Water Park for Resort guests.
WHAT DO VOLUNTEERS RECEIVE?
Volunteers fulfilling three (3) shifts or more will receive:
- Two (2) Games T-shirts when volunteering three (3) shifts; One (1) for Group volunteers volunteering two (2) shifts
- Games souvenir credential
- Games cap
- One (1) complimentary meal served for each volunteer shift of five (5) hours or more. Start date TBD. Food allergies will be accommodated to the extent possible when advance notice is provided during registration.
PLEASE ADD THE GAMES VOLUNTEER EMAIL TO YOUR EMAIL CONTACTS:
To ensure you receive updates and information, please add the 2022 USA Games volunteers email address to your email contacts: volunteers@2022USAGames.org.
Additional volunteer information is available on the volunteer tab of the Games website. CLICK HERE to be redirected.
Policies and information are subject to change at the discretion of the Games.