2022 Special Olympics USA Games Volunteers
June 03-12, 2022
BE A PART OF HISTORY:
The 2022 Special Olympics USA Games to be held in Orlando, FL June 5-12, 2022, will be the largest USA Games in history and the largest humanitarian event in the State of Florida’s history.
Volunteers make the Games possible furthering the mission of opportunity for all. Volunteers play a critical role in providing an outstanding experience for the athletes, families, and spectators. We appreciate you giving your time, talent and commitment to making these the best Games ever!
- Have your own email address & mobile phone number for registration. No shared email/phone #s.
- Individual and Community Group volunteers will sign up for a minimum of three (3) shifts when the shift selection site opens.
- Group volunteers sign up for a minimum of two (2) shifts when the shift selection site opens.
- Please show up if you sign up. The athletes and your fellow volunteers are counting on you!
- Follow all health, safety, venue operating guidelines and Volunteer Code of Conduct.
- Complete the required online training and orientation before receiving your credential, Games-issued items, and volunteering.
- Add volunteers@2022USAGames.org to your email contacts to ensure you receive Games updates and scheduling information.
- ADULT volunteers:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age during registration.
- Will electronically sign a 2022 Special Olympics USA Games Adult Waiver and an ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex Adult Waiver during the shift selection process.
- MINOR volunteers:
- Are a minimum of 16 years of age by June 5, 2022.
- 16-17 years old must have a parent or legal guardian complete the Minor Registration.
- Have a parent or legal guardian of the minor or ward download, carefully read, hand-sign, and upload all pages of the required ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex Minor Volunteer Waiver
- Have a parent or legal guardian of the minor or ward, download, carefully read, hand-sign, and upload all pages of the required USA Games Minor Volunteer Waiver
- NOTE: The Parent or Legal Guardian must upload both Minor waivers to the Minor's account. If you need assistance, you have the option to email both waivers as two attachments (all 6 pages of each waiver) to firstname.lastname@example.org and request to have both waivers uploaded to your minor child or ward's account.
- The headshot photo is required and used for credentialing. Photos that do not meet the specifications will need to be replaced.
- Photos of a drivers license or passport are not acceptable.
- Photo should capture from slightly above top of hair to middle of chest so that your face takes up 70-80% of the photograph
- Directly face the camera with eyes open and visible and face in focus
- Background must be plain white
- Must be a photo in color
- Nothing should block the photos (e.g. watermarks, staples, flash)
- Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used by the individual and should not cover any part of the eyes
- Include headpieces if worn daily for religious purposes; they should not obscure or cast shadows on the eyes or any other part of the face. No other head/hair accessory or hats.
- Medium – resolution photography and printing are strongly recommended
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION & SHIFT SELECTION:
- Any individual, company or nonprofit interested in organizing a volunteer group will be able to submit an application for review/approval starting in January 2022. Check back on the Volunteer page of the 2022 USA Games website.
- Must have a minimum of 20 people, each of whom will volunteer a minimum of two (2) shifts.
- If these criteria cannot be met, people can still volunteer as an individual.
WHAT VENUES WILL HOST THE COMPETITIONS & EVENTS?
2022 USA Games competition and special events will be held at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, various Disney Resorts and select competition venues in Orlando, Orange County and Osceola County.
WILL TRANSPORTATION BE INCLUDED?
- Transportation to & from Central Florida, venues, airports and Opening Ceremony is the responsibility of the volunteer.
- Disney may offer very limited transportation to & from select Disney Resorts and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and Disney's Typhoon Water Park for Resort guests.
WHAT DO VOLUNTEERS RECEIVE?
Volunteers will receive:
- Volunteer Games T-shirt -- (2) when volunteering three or more shifts; (1) for group volunteers volunteering two shifts
- Games souvenir credential
- Games cap
- One (1) complimentary meal served for each volunteer shift of five (5) hours or more. Start date TBD. Food allergies will be accommodated to the extent possible when advance notice is provided during registration.
PLEASE ADD THE GAMES VOLUNTEER EMAIL TO YOUR EMAIL CONTACTS:
To ensure you receive updates and information, please add the 2022 USA Games volunteers email address to your email contacts: volunteers@2022USAGames.org.
Additional volunteer information is available on the volunteer tab of the Games website. CLICK HERE to be redirected.
Policies, information, and schedules are subject to change at the discretion of the Games.